The Ta 152H was one of the ultimate and finest German fighters of WWII, primarily designed for high-altitude operations. Its development began in the summer of 1943 with an aim to supersede the Fw 190D-9. It was a single-seat monoplane of an all-metal structure, featuring an enclosed pressurised canopy and a retractable landing gear. It was powered by a Jumo 213E in-line piston engine and its armament comprised three cannons. The prototype, designated the Fw 190V33/U1, flew in July 1944, while a number of other converted Fw 190s were used as test beds, including the Fw 190V30/U1. The Ta 152 series production began in late 1944 and eventually, only some 43 machines were built, including 20 pre-production H-0 aircraft and a batch of the first series Ta 152H-1s.
The first Ta 152s entered service with the Luftwaffe in January 1945 and although being capable interceptors, they came too late to be used in their role and to make a significant impact on the air war over Europe. In April 1945, Japan purchased the blueprints of the Ta 152 and reportedly one aircraft, although this did not lead to any production in Japan.
A number of Ta 152Hs fell into Allied hands and some of them were examined in Britain and the USA post-war.
Colour schemes included in the kit:
1) Fw Ta 190V30/U1 prototype/development a/c, Black SH+KT/0055 (W.Nr. 0055), Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau GmbH, Adelheide airfield, Germany, August 1944
2) Fw Ta 152H-0, Stab/JG 301, Luftwaffe, Stendal airfield, Germany, April 1945
3) Fw Ta 152H-0 (a/c reportedly bought from Germany for evaluation), Imperial Japanese Army Air Force, Japan, summer 1945
4) Fw Ta 152H-0, Green 4/FE112 (W.Nr. 150020), Wright Field Air Base, U.S.A., late 1945